22 February 2023
Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures has launched a new luxe overnight experience aboard Jetwave Pearl, which is now open for bookings. The season launches on May 16.
“After completing the luxury fit out of Jetwave Pearl and mooring it in its secluded position in Talbot Bay in 2022, we ran some trial overnight experiences at the end of the season and received overwhelmingly positive feedback. We are now excited to showcase Jetwave Pearl with the Ultimate Horizontal Falls Luxury Stay, a 24-hour tour,” said Simon McGrath, Executive General Manager of Marine Experiences for Journey Beyond, owner and operator of Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures.
“We are the only operator that allows people to experience the Falls from both the air and water and stay in the bay overnight. With the launch of Jetwave Pearl, we can host guests in luxury, air-conditioned, ensuite cabins designed to complement and showcase the natural surrounds.”
Jetwave Pearl is a two-level boutique houseboat with only 10 rooms — perfect for intimate groups and gatherings and couples looking for a truly special experience. There are three room types to choose from: Main Deck Cabins, Upper Deck Cabins, and Upper Deck Premium Cabins.
The spacious floating hotel lets nature take the front stage, with large picture windows throughout. There are panoramic views from the front deck, the large entertainment area and lounge room, and an open-air deck, perfect for star gazing. The colour palette complements the hues of Talbot Bay, with teal greens, rusty browns, and cool sand tones. The bespoke carpeting features a unique design that represents the scenic view of Horizontal Falls from the seaplane.
Jetwave Pearl is only available as part of the Ultimate Horizontal Falls Luxury Stay 24-hour tour. This experience is offered from May to August 2023 and includes seaplane transfers and water landing, a helicopter joy flight, numerous powerboat rides through the falls, a guided fishing charter, swimming in the marine enclosure to view the resident sharks and an overnight stay on Jetwave Pearl. Gourmet meals are included with lunch, dinner, and breakfast prepared and served by your private chef. The menu showcases a variety of locally sourced ingredients, with a highlight being the much-praised Barramundi Lunch. The Ultimate Horizontal Falls Luxury Stay tour includes:
• Transfers to/from Derby Accommodation
• Low-level scenic seaplane flight to Horizontal Falls with a spectacular water landing
• Overnight accommodation in a luxury air-conditioned cabin
• A scenic helicopter flight over Horizontal Falls and the surrounding bays, creeks, and ranges
• A relaxing cruise through the spectacular bays and untouched creek system that surround Talbot Bay
• A delicious, fresh, locally sourced Barramundi Lunch
• A guided fishing tour on board our private fishing vessel
• Unique access to a private marine life viewing enclosure, including friendly sharks and other local fish and marine species
• Stunning sunset views over shared appetisers and drinks (BYO alcoholic beverages), prior to dinner prepared by your private chef
• A picturesque sunrise cruise to the Horizontal Falls to discover local flora and fauna with commentary by experienced skippers about the geological structures and history of the region
• Gourmet plated breakfast prior to departure
Prices start at $1,700 per adult and $1,375 per child (ages 4 – 12)
Formed by some of the largest tidal movements in the world, the swirling waters of the Horizontal Falls are a natural phenomenon where massive volumes of water squeeze through narrow cliff passages, with the resulting water formations creating a unique sideways waterfall effect. The amount of water traveling through the Falls is dependent on the tides.