14 September 2022
Holidays should be easy and carefree from the moment you leave your home. Outback Spirit understands this and is now offering a stress-free, all-inclusive experience for guests seeking to immerse themselves in untouched wilderness, discover ancient history, and venture deep into the heart of the outback. On the Arnhem Land Wilderness Adventure, everything is taken care of from start to finish, including all food and beverage, access permits and entry fees, lodging, cruises, and the flights including the arrival flight from Cairns to Nhulunbuy, and connecting flight from Seven Spirit Bay to Darwin for 2023 bookings.
Renowned as the leading operator for exploring Australia’s wild and rugged frontiers, Outback Spirit is the only tour company with permission to travel right through the heart of Arnhem Land, a spiritual part of the country that is rich in Aboriginal culture and history, breathtaking scenery, and abundant wildlife.
Peter Egglestone, Chief Revenue Officer for Journey Beyond, said “We’re excited to announce Outback Spirit’s Arnhem Land Wilderness Adventure is now all-inclusive for 2023 bookings. We continuously look for ways to innovate and provide incredible experiences for our guests. Now, every step of the journey – from your morning espresso to your gin aperitif and gourmet dinner, transportation, lodging, entrance fees and flights – is included, so our guests can relax and enjoy their journey, focussing on the experience, rather than the logistics.”
Providing unique insight travelling through the heart of Arnhem Land, Outback Spirit is privileged to showcase this special part of the world, providing insight into Australia’s ancient Indigenous culture and pristine wilderness.
The Arnhem Land Wilderness Adventure is a 13-day discovery of a mystical land that few people will ever experience, and includes:
• A one-way arrival flight from Cairns to Nhulunbuy* – now included
• All meals and beverages (from morning coffee to a selection of wine, beer and spirits) while on tour – now included
• Immersion in the world’s oldest surviving culture with a tour through Arnhem Land
• An authentic ‘Welcome to Country’ in Nhulunbuy
• Visit award-winning arts centres and enjoy a bush medicine demonstration
• Discover the sacred Arafura Swamp on a 4WD safari and boat cruise
• View exquisite rock art at Mt Borradaile & visit the ancient ‘catacombs’
• Participate in authentic cultural activities with Indigenous guides
• Explore the rugged Cobourg Peninsula by 4WD safari, including Vashon Head and Nipa Palm gallery
• Go Barramundi fishing on the Liverpool River near Maningrida
• Tour the ruins of historic Victoria Settlement, Port Essington circa 1838
• Explore the pristine waters of Cobourg Marine Park Sanctuary
• An excursion to Babbarra Women’s Centre, the Djomi Museum and Maningrida Arts & Culture on an enriching half-day tour.
• Spend seven nights in Outback Spirit’s network of luxurious safari camps and wilderness lodges, including 3 nights at the iconic Seven Spirit Bay
Travelling with Outback Spirit means travelling in comfort in purpose-built Mercedes Benz 4WD vehicles – the pinnacle for outback touring adventures, and staying at stunning safari camps and lodges, many of which are exclusive to Outback Spirit. All tours are conducted in small groups, varying between 12-26 depending on the destination, to provide the most engaging and intimate experience possible.
Outback Spirit also offers a variety of tours in other regions across Australia, including Cape York, the Pilbara and Southwest, Outback Queensland & Gulf, Central and Corner Country, South Australia’s Eyre Peninsula, wine country and Kangaroo Island, and Tasmania.